Last season we recorded more than 60 complaints and letters to the editor that people
sent to local politicians or newspapers in the Fraser Valley. Our letters web page
was a big "hit".
This season, the letters have started pouring in at an even faster rate, and it is a
big job to add all of these to the web site, but peoples' feelings about propane cannons
have to be publicized, so here we go again.
In the first week, Mayor Mary Reeves of Abbotsford took some heat, but the focus
seems to have shifted now to the people who are actually making
this incessant racket. The feeling is growing that consumers should start boycotting
"noise" berries. But how does one differentiate "quiet" berries from "noise" berries
at your local grocery store???
The following is a list of letters we've received so far in 2003 or have seen printed in local
newspapers. If you wish to read the contents of a letter, simply click on the item in the
list below. If you wish to read the letters from last year, click:
In Surrey, The Noise Never Ends!
- July 14, 2003, Sick and Tired of Bangers!
- July 14, 2003, A Triple Blaster at 5:15AM!
- July 10, 2003, Cannons don't work that well, says a grower!
- July 09, 2003, Flags Yes, Cannons NO!!
- July 09, 2003, More Blasted Cannons!
- July 09, 2003, The Blueberry Blues
- July 08, 2003, Blasted Cannons!
- July 08, 2003, And it's just the start of cannon season!
- July 07, 2003, No Noise is Good Noise
- July 07, 2003, This Lady Won't Buy "Noise" Berries
- July 06, 2003, The Abuse of Neighbours Worsens
- July 06, 2003, New Tactics to Stop Propane Cannon Use
- July 05, 2003, Blueberry Picker's Sanitation Conditions
- July 04, 2003, Abbotsford, the Noise Capital of BC
- July 04, 2003, A Propane Cannon Threat!
- July 02, 2003, A Cacophony of Misery
- July 01, 2003, Mary Reeves, our Uncaring Mayor
- July 01, 2003, Just Another Absentee Owner / Noise Polluter